Established in 1971, Rural Health Services (RHS) has provided a wide array of primary and preventive healthcare services to the population of Aiken County and surrounding areas. RHS is a private, non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). RHS offers culturally-competent, comprehensive primary, preventive, and supplemental healthcare services to all people, regardless of ability to pay, through its main facility in Aiken and satellite facilities in Clearwater and South Aiken.
The mission of Rural Health Services is to provide accessible, quality, comprehensive primary healthcare services in a dignified and culturally-competent manner to the population in Aiken county and surrounding areas. Our focus is on improving the health of our patients with state of the art technology and extraordinary care.
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
What is PCMH?
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a recognition awarded to medical practices that demonstrate excellence in quality healthcare services. PCMH improves quality, patient experience, and staff satisfaction while reducing healthcare costs. This recognition has been earned by all Rural Health Services locations.
A “Patient-Centered Medical Home” (PCMH) is how healthcare is delivered to patients. The medical home team at Rural Health Services manages care and services for you, acting as the “hub” of your healthcare. PCMH puts you, the patient, at the center of the healthcare system and provides primary care that is accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, and compassionate.
Our PCMH Responsibilities to you:
- Listen to your questions and concerns and to explain disease, treatment, and results in an easy-to-understand way
- Coordinate your overall care, sending you to trusted specialists if needed
- Provide you with same-day appointments whenever possible
- Provide instructions on how to access the care you need when the office is not open
- Provide clear instructions about your treatment goals and future plans for every visit
Your Responsibilities in a PCMH are:
- Ask questions and be active in your care
- Provide your health history
- Call our office first with your health concerns unless it is an emergency
- Inform us whenever you utilize any other health system such as the emergency room
- To have a clear understanding about your healthcare
Let Rural Health Services Become Your Medical Home!